We are the team behind Storybook Weddings & Events - learn more about our story and how we can help tell yours here!
Last month we shared a unique way to incorporate custom music into your wedding day. We are continuing that momentum into this month with sharing more custom ideas! Today we take on Wedding Jewelry!
Jewelry can enhance your gown or be a statement piece all on its own. Sometimes, finding a necklace, earrings or bracelet that suits your dress perfectly, is hard to come by. We want to introduce you to our friends and partners at Designed by Stacey. Beginning with their personal and deep story of what began as a traumatic experience, they are now sharing and creating new and beautiful memories for brides.
Hope. This four letter word started our company, Designed by Stacey. In 2009, Stacey started making jewelry as a hobby. She was already a year into her recovery from Botulism. A simple meal at a sushi restaurant turned into a devastating, life changing event. Stacey went from teaching high school mathematics to being paralyzed and on life support. In the hope of getting Stacey’s mind off of her recovery, a friend decided to spend a fun afternoon making a necklace. Stacey was very hesitant to craft with her friend, as she had limited strength in her hands, and her fine motor skills had become greatly impacted by Botulism. Little did Stacey know, this afternoon of crafting would be the catalyst to a hidden talent. For the past six years, as a hobby, Stacey made jewelry for friends and family. In March 2015, I decided to share my daughter’s talents with the public by opening an Etsy site, creating a Facebook page, and attending a Bridal Expo as well as a Women’s Expo. We will partake in numerous craft fairs during the fall 2015 season. Also, we have created custom jewelry for numerous brides and bridal parties.
Your wedding day is a day meant for hope, celebration, and love. In working with a bride, our goal is take your vision and turn it into reality. We are cognizant of the bride’s budget and will work within your price points to ensure you get affordable, high quality jewelry. When we work with a bride, on average, we meet together three times. Our initial meeting is a time for the bride to discuss her vision, needs, budget, wedding colors, and desired style of her jewelry. After the initial meeting, we will create two to three mock-ups of each desired piece of jewelry. For example, if the bride is looking for necklaces and bracelets for her bridesmaids, we will create two to three necklaces and two to three bracelets. Once the bride selects the jewelry, we will meet one final time once her jewelry is complete. As an added bonus, each time a bride purchases jewelry for her bridesmaids, we give the bride a complimentary keepsake set of the bridesmaids’ jewelry as our thank you for working with us.
Below are some frequently asked questions our clients:
· What materials do you use?
Some of our favorite materials to work with include Swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls, sterling silver, and gold-filled components but we are open to working with materials consistent with the bride’s vision.
· What kind of jewelry do you make?
For wedding jewelry, we make necklaces, earrings, bracelets, cuff bracelets, hair combs, headbands, and belts. But we are always learning new techniques and styles.·
Who do you make jewelry for?
Brides, maids of honor, bridesmaids, groomswomen, flower girls, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, grandmothers, ushers, and readers. We have also created bridal shower favors as well as gifts for the bachelorette party.
· What are your typical price ranges for each piece of jewelry?
o Necklaces: $15 – $120
o Earrings: $15 – $80
o Bracelets: $15 – $180
o Hair accessories: $35 – $200
o Belts: $120 – $350
o Flower girl Jewelry: $15 – 30
Here is what some of our clients are saying about us:
· “Sally & Stacey were a pleasure to work with. They were very attentive to my style & requests for my wedding. I recommend Stacey’s work to all of my friends for their weddings & special events.” – Joanna L.
· “The jewelry for my daughter’s wedding was so beautiful and simply gorgeous!! Stacey’s work is creative, high quality and affordable!! I own several of her pieces myself. She is very talented and so easy to work with!!!” – Eva T.
· “What a wonderfully personal touch to have my wedding jewelry and that of my bridesmaids, flower girl, Mother-in-law, and Mother all made by Stacey. It was wonderful to work with Stacey. She showed me many examples to generate ideas in the planning stages, and met every deadline set for orders and delivery. I was thrilled with the finished product and so were all who received it. Stacey’s jewelry is beautifully crafted and an incredible value.” – Lindsay H.
· “Thank you to Designed by Stacey for my amazing custom made wedding jewelry! Stacey used an old strand of my grandmother’s pearls to make me a perfect hair comb, bracelet, and earrings for the big day. Her talent is evident in all the jewelry she makes. Thanks Stacey!” – Karie L.
You can visit the Designed by Stacey shop on Etsy by clicking HERE or visit them on Facebook at Designed by Stacey. Mention promo code ‘STORYBOOK’ when arraigning your consultation to receive 10% off of your entire purchase!
November 2, 2015
Storybook Weddings and Events is a luxury wedding planning and event production company in Chicago and the Chicagoland area and suburbs. Chicago Wedding Planner and Day Of Coordinator.